Sharons BiscottiFrom catl8dy 9 years ago
How to make it
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and beat slightly leaving butter a little lumpy. Beat in vanilla just a little.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture. (Batter will be very stiff and sticky)
- Put in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Grease 10x14 cooky sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Divide dough in half and shape into 2 long loaves, rolling with hands till 12 inches long. They will be onlyabout 1 inch square.
- Place side by side on sheet leaving about 3 inches between.
- Flatten each slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till firm. Remove from oven to rack and
- cool slightly. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Slice loaves while still warm diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place on sheet and bake again at 375 for 15 minutes or till firm, try not to get them too browned.
- Cool and store in tins or airtight container.
- *Note* I sometimes replace the vanilla with other flavoring and also drizzle them with melted chocolate after they're cool.
The Cookcatl8dy WI
- Not added to any groups yet!