Southwestern Chicken LasagneFrom chihuahua 7 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken Breasts shopping list
- 12 uncooked Lasagne noodles (about 12 oz.) shopping list
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained shopping list
- 1 (3 oz.) can diced Green Chiles, drained shopping list
- Dash each of cumin and chili powder shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 C creamy cottage cheese shopping list
- 2 C grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 Tbl. parsley flakes shopping list
- Dash each of garlic powder and nutmeg shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can (or jar) mushroom Spaghetti Sauce shopping list
- 2 C grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- sour cream and sliced black olives for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer chicken breasts until tender. Cool and shred.
- Cook and drain noodles according to package directions.
- Combine chicken with corn, chilies, chili powder and cumin. Stir in one beaten egg. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, 1 egg, parsley, garlic powder and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Toss red and green peppers, onion and garlic cloves in olive oil to coat. Place in a shallow pan and roast until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then chop in food processor.
- Combine roasted vegetables with black beans and one beaten egg. Mix well and set aside.
- To assemble the lasagne, spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce in greased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish. Lay 4 noodles over sauce. Spread chicken mixture over the noodles and cover with another cup of sauce. Make a second layer with 4 noodles, cheese mixture and sauce. Make a third layer with 4 noodles, roasted vegetables and sauce. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- Top with sour cream and black olives before serving.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating4 people
Sounds Wonderful!!!! :)donman in Hammond loved it
oh wow! This is my kind of dish!!! Saving to try next weekend! Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Here's one I really like - it's a 5 all the way!!!laadeedaa in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!