Pad See EwFrom yakalom 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup pork, thinly sliced (or chicken) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb fresh flat rice noodles shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 lb Chinese broccoli (or regular broccoli) shopping list
How to make it
- If your fresh flat rice noodles are not pre-cut, cut them into strips of 3/4 inch wide. Cut Chinese broccoli into 2 inch long pieces. Halve the stems lengthwise because thick stems take longer to cook. You are going to want to cook them at the same time.
- Heat a wok to high heat and then add 2 tablespoons of oil. Drop in the chopped garlic and stir. Add the sliced pork. Stir to cook the pork. When the pork is somewhat cooked or turned from pink to light brown, add rice noodles. Stir to break up the noodles. Add light and dark soy sauce and sugar.
- Stir to mix the seasonings into the noodles and pork. Open a spot in the middle of the pan, and drop the egg in. Scramble the egg until it is almost all cooked (not watery any more). Fold in the noodles and mix them all. Add the Chinese broccoli, stems first. I usually add half of the Chinese broccoli and stir until it wilts and then add the rest. But if you have room in your wok, you can cook all the Chinese broccoli at once. As soon as the Chinese broccoli is cooked, turn off the heat.
- Put on a serving plate and sprinkle white pepper on top. Serve with the usual noodles condiments; sugar, fish sauce, vinegar and dried ground pepper.
The Cookyakalom Riverside CA
The Rating4 people
Sounds great, will try. Thank you for sharing.marriage in Apalachin loved it
I tried this recipe a few weeks ago and my family loved it. It's very good.iheartdewey in loved it
fantasticiheartdewey in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!