Pork Chops with Onion Bacon and MushroomsFrom conner909 8 years ago
- butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 6 ¾ inch-thick pork loin chops shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- ¼ lb. bacon, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth (Swanson’s canned broth is good) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 9 x 16 inch glass baking dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Add to skillet (in batches, if necessary) and sear until brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Add onions and bacon to the same skillet and cook over medium
- heat until onions are translucent and bacon is crisp, stirring
- frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in flour and paprika.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Stir in cream and broth and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Mix in tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over mushrooms and chops.
- Transfer to oven and bake until chops are tender, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookconner909 Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating2 people
I made this last night, all I can say is yummmmm!!
Loved it and will make it for the family next time they visit. I'm always looking for something that I haven't tried with pork and it's getting harder everytime.......thanks for the wonderful a...moreknwalter in Paulsboro loved it
I have now made this 4 times and it just keeps getting better. I forget how good it is and then make it again and it tastes even better. I'm making this for my sister and her husband tonight, they haven't had it yet, so I sure hope to impress!
moreknwalter in Paulsboro loved it
I love pork chops. Can't wait to give it a try :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!