One Pot Cilantro Chicken And RiceFrom divaliscious 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cup basmati rice shopping list
- 3 cups water (or make 1 cup of the three chicken broth) shopping list
- 3/4 pound of raw boneless breast of chicken, cut up into 1" sized bites shopping list
- 1 large onion - diced shopping list
- 1 cup carrots - shredded fresh carrots (roughly 4-5 carrots) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic - minced shopping list
- 1 bunch of large cilantro - rinsed well shopping list
- 4-5 scallions minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- ****Equipment Needed: shopping list
- One Pot with lid, 2 paper towels and hungry crowd shopping list
How to make it
- In Pot, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and put heat under pan on medium.
- Add diced onions and let sweat for at least 5 minutes.
- Once onions are almost translucent, add chicken and with wood spatula (preferred) stir chicken around pot till almost cooked and no longer looking pink. Add the second tablespoon of olive oil if you have to.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add rice (no water yet) and all remaining seasons - leaving some of the scallions and chopped cilantro for plating.
- Stir rice well into mixture making sure it is well coated with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Cook for two minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Next add your water and/or broth. Do not stir!
- Let come to a boil, then turn down heat till on very low.
- Place lid on top and set time for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, with a spoon, gently push rice aside and check on water - has all water evaporated? - Then move onto next step. If not, let cook a few minutes moire, till all the water has evaporated.
- OK, take those 2 paper towels folding them over in half and place on top of pot, just under lid. Put lid back on pot over paper towels.
- This will allow any extra steam to be soaked up by the paper towels.
- Let sit for five minutes and call troops to the table.
- When ready, fluff mixture with fork.
- When serving and plating add the additional cilantro and minced scallions on top of dish and serve. Enjoy with a side mixed green salad!
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating7 people
Another winner. Thank you Diva.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
This sounds good. I love cilantro. I'm going away for the weekend but have some chicken tenders I need to cook so I will make it up to the step before you add the rice and will finish the recipe on Sunday night. Thanks and by the way all your dishe...moreslevans in Ludlow loved it
I made your One Pot Cilantro Chicken Recipe. I made the recipe all the way through and will save it in the refrigerator for Sunday night dinner. It is absolutely delicious. I can't believe it has so much flavor for such a few ingredients. I gave ...moreslevans in Ludlow loved it