Quinoa SaladFrom dcmeyers 9 years ago
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced english cucumber shopping list
- 4 stems finely diced green onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/3 cup corn kernels shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice shopping list
- 3 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp rice syrup or honey (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to a boil in a pot, then add quinoa.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until grain is tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool uncovered.
- Toss the cucumber, onion, cilantro and corn with the cooked quinoa.
- Combine the lime juice, sesame oil, salt, pepper and honey in a bowl.
- Add dressing to the quinoa.
- Stir thoroughly with a fork to coat grain and vegetables.