Egyptian Stuffed Colorful Sweet Peppers Filfil Rumi Mahsi Maaa LonFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 3 large sweet peppers, green, yellow, orange or red shopping list
- 2 Tb. unsalted butter shopping list
- 2/3 c. corn kernels off the cob or canned shopping list
- 1 small onion chopped shopping list
- ¾ lb. italian sausage turkey links, sweet or hot shopping list
- 2 c. crumbled corn bread (approx) shopping list
- ¾ c. shredded pepper jack cheese* shopping list
How to make it
- Heat over to 350F. Slice peppers in half from stem to bottom and remove stem. Also remove seeds and membranes, and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add onion, corn and sausage, breaking the sausage apart with a spoon or spatula, and cook until the sausage is no longer pink. Add crumbled corn bread and a little water if mixture seems too dry.
- Divide filling among peppers evenly and top with shredded cheese. Bake peppers at 350F, covered, for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are tender.
- * If pepper jack cheese is unavailable, use shredded mozzarella and add hot peppers to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
another great sounding recipe.. you're on a roll my dear..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sounds goodcheryilyn in Salem loved it
:) Impressed as usual...This is Egyptian!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it