Basic Balti SauceFrom capedread 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 onions chopped shopping list
- 1 small ginger root grated shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove crushed shopping list
- 1 large tomato skinned and chopped or 1 tin reserve juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ground shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander ground shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 x coriander handful, fresh, shopping list
- 1 x salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Over moderate heat, Fry onions, ginger and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato and stir-fry, breaking it up with the spoon.
- Pour in 300 ml / 1/2 pint water, and stir in the other ingredients. (plus tomato juice)
- Bring to the boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour into a blender or food processor and liquidize.
- refrigerate overnight for best result
The Cookcapedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
The Rating1 people
This Recipe has universal appeal with the different spice combinations Tex Mex meets Chinese.
Michaeltrigger in loved it