Carmelized Vidalia Onion Pasta w Rosemary and WalnutsFrom grandmommy 7 years ago
- 4T. butter shopping list
- 3lbs. sweet onions shopping list
- 4 thyme sprigs shopping list
- 1c. dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4c. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2t. chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/2c. chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1c. shredded Pecorino shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a wide deep pan melt the butter on medium heat
- Add onions,garlic, thyme, rosemary,1t. salt, pepper, red pepper, stir and cover with lid for about 5-10 min.
- Turn the heat to low and add wine, vinegar and give them a stir.
- Every 20 mins. stir.
- When they have turned golden and thick turn off the heat .
- Srir in the walnuts.
- Mix with cooked angel hair pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serves 4
- I always start with about 7 or 8 lbs. of sweet onions because my family is large.
- If you just use this basic idea the portions you cook are very easily tweaked.
- Well worth the wait!
The Cookgrandmommy Nashville, TN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!