Irish Potato CasseroleFrom daisey11 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds (4 to 5 medium) potatoes, peeled & diced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, drain; reserve.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan. Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook until bubbly. Add milk; stir well. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Combine potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, onion, salt, and pepper in lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Add white sauce; blend lightly with spatula. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add bread crumbs; mix well. Sprinkle buttered crumbs over casserole. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot!