Champagne-Poached Cornish Game Hens with Artichokes Potatoes Spring Onions and Roasted GarlicFrom Campbells KitchenFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® chicken broth (regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic) shopping list
- 1 cup champagne or other sparkling wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup black truffle juice shopping list
- 1 large leek, chopped (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh lemon thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 Cornish game hen (about 1 1/2 lb.) or poussin (baby chicken) shopping list
- 2 artichoke hearts, cooked and sliced (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced cooked potato shopping list
- 2 green onions, diagonally sliced (about 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, roasted shopping list
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the broth, champagne, truffle juice, leek, celery, carrot, garlic and thyme in an oven-safe 4-quart saucepot over high heat. Add the hen. Season as desired. Heat to a boil. Place the pot in the oven.
- Bake at 350°F. for 45 minutes* or until the hen is cooked through. Remove the hen and keep warm.
- Place the broth mixture in an electric blender container or food processor work bowl. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the broth mixture through fine mesh strainer into the saucepot. Cook over high heat until the mixture is reduced slightly.
- Add the artichokes, potatoes, green onions and roasted garlic to the saucepot. Stir in the butter.
- Cut the hen in half and place each half in 1 deep bowl. Spoon vegetables and sauce over hens.
- TIP: * The internal temperature of the hen should be 180dF.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
This sounds wonderful thanks.cheryilyn in Salem loved it