Sausage Mushrooms and Apple in Puff PastryFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 1/2 lb sausage shopping list
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry herb stuffing mix shopping list
- 2 green onions sliced thin shopping list
- 5 mushrooms, cleaned and sliced shopping list
- 1 egg white beaten shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 package puff pastry shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown sausage until all pink is gone, add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Drain well.
- Mix together in a bowl, sausage, mushrooms onions, chopped apple, stuffing mix and green onion, add beaten egg and mix well.
- Roll out pastry sheet to 16" x 12" rectangle. Spread sausage mixture down the middle of the pastry. Brush edges of pastry with beaten egg white, then fold top and bottom ends over filling.
- Make 3" cuts at 1/2 inch intervals on sides of pastry. Fold one strip at a time, alternating sides until filling is totally enclosed.
- Make 2 small cuts on each side to vent and brush top with remaining egg white.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of pastry. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: Maple Sausage can be used to add a different flavor and also chopped baked ham can be used instead of sausage.