Easy Chocolate Mousse Cake Eagle BrandFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can EAGLE BRAND® sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 4-serving size package instant chocolate pudding mix shopping list
- 1 cup of heavy cream, stiffly whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare and bake cake mix as package directs for two 9-inch layers. Remove cakes from pans; cool.
- In large bowl, beat EAGLE BRAND® and chocolate until well blended.
- Gradually beat in water and pudding mix until smooth.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate; top with 1 1/2 cups mousse mixture.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Frost side and top of cake with remaining mousse mixture.
- *This recipe and picture of the recipe both come directly from Eaglebrand.com.
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating4 people
Wow this sounds really good! I like the idea of using the condensed milk. In fact, I've never used it with a frosting or filling before. I'm not that great of a cook but I do well with Eagle Brand's recipes. This is a good one too. Thanks Annie. I'll...morejonmic in Flagstaff loved it
Yep that frosting looks and sounds fabulous, thanks so much for the post Anniehenrie in Savannah loved it
Sounds good to me. I might need tips on whipping cream. Eagle Brand comes in a can, right? Ok, Ok, just kidding. I'm going to try this. I'm tired of eating salads, yanno. Thanks a bunch, Anne.rasputendebarry in West Los Angeles loved it