Sweet Potato CroquettesFrom hoasabi 9 years ago
- 2-3 sweet potatoes (nuked in the microwave for about 6-10 min. or until soft and cooked, scoop out the inside and let it cool) shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels shopping list
- 1 scallion (green part chopped) shopping list
- 1 egg (beaten well) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour (i used tapioca starch) shopping list
- salt & pepper for tasting shopping list
- japanese panko bread crumbs (i got the honey flavored) shopping list
How to make it
- mix everything together except the panko bread crumbs in a mixing bowl, stir evenly and put in the fridge for about 20 min. to chill for easier forming.
- meanwhile, heat a wok of hot oil or fry daddy (i find this easier to use and you can control the temperature for consistency in the frying - heat at 350 degrees).
- take out the chill mixture and form into patties or balls, roll them into the panko bread crumbs and slowly drop them into the hot oil.
- fry until golden brown and serve hot.