Chicken in Red WineFrom cerim 7 years ago
- 6 slices bacon shopping list
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approx. 1.5 lbs.) shopping list
- 1 bag (16 oz.) ready-to-eat baby-carrots shopping list
- 8 oz tiny pearl onions shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped shopping list
- 2 dried bay leaves shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups dry red wine (or nonalcoholic red wine) shopping list
- 3/4 C chicken broth shopping list
- 1 lb fresh small whole mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tbs all purpose-flour shopping list
- 2 tbs cold water shopping list
- 1/4 C chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Line microwaveable plate with paper towel, add bacon, cover with a paper towel.
- Microwave bacon on high 3-5 minutes until crisp, then crumble.
- Spray 5-6 quart slow-cooker with cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil and put chicken in cooker.
- Add carrots, onions, bacon, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, bay leaves, wine, and broth.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 10 hours.
- Skim any fat from the chicken mixture and stir in mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and water and stir into chicken mixture.
- Stir in 2 tbs parsley into chicken mixture
- Increase heat setting to High, cover and cook about 30 longer until mixture is thickened.
- Remove bay leaves before serving and sprinkle with remaining parsley.