Chicken Enchilada SoupFrom chefcarolyn 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken (breast or thigh), cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (approx. 1 cup) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 C chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup masa harina or instant masa mix shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce shopping list
- 6 oz. Velveeta shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (more if you'd like it spicier, less if you'd like it mild) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can corn, drained shopping list
- juice of 1-2 large limes (your preference) shopping list
- Garnish: Shredded cheddar cheese; crumbled corn tortilla chips; 1 large tomato, diced; 2 green onions, chopped; diced avocado shopping list
How to make it
- Add oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts, onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Combine masa harina with 1 cup of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. The mixture will be thick.
- Add the masa mixture to the pot with chicken mixture.
- Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add beans and corn and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes until thick.
- Add lime juice to taste.
- Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, tomatoes, avocado and green onions.
The Cookchefcarolyn Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating3 people
I've always wanted a enchilda soup recipe as my friend makes it all the time but wont share the recipe lol thanks!hunnee in Nanaimo loved it
Absolutely Delicious! I used a whole rotisserie chicken (de-boned and diced) and used corn starch to thicken the soup instead of the Masa Mix. I also used medium spiced enchilada sauce and Mexican Style Velveeta Cheess so I did not have to add any ...moremammachef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!