Roast Chicken With Orange Lemon And GingerFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 5 pound roasting chicken shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 lemon then the lemon cut into quarters shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 orange then the orange cut into quarters shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 5 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons honey shopping list
- orange sections for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut lemon into quarters then rub outside of chicken with one of the lemon quarters and discard.
- In small bowl stir together lemon and orange zests then 1 tablespoon of the grated ginger.
- Rub this mixture evenly in the cavity then put lemon and orange quarters inside bird.
- Place chicken on a rack in a roasting pan then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine melted butter, lemon and orange juices, honey and remaining ginger then mix well.
- Place chicken in oven and roast 1 hour basting with citrus juice mixture 4 times during cooking.
- Transfer to serving platter and let rest 15 minutes then carve and garnish with orange sections.