Pan-cooked Chicken with ArtichokesFrom chihuahua 9 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts, part boned shopping list
- 2 Tbl. olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. butter shopping list
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges shopping list
- 2 Tbl. lemon juice shopping list
- 2/3 C dry white wine shopping list
- 2/3 C chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and halved shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil, together with 1 Tbl. of the butter, in a large heavy-based skillet.
- Add the chicken and fry gently for 4-5 minutes on each side, until lightly golden. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon.
- Toss the onions in the lemon juice, and add to skillet. Saute gently, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until just beginning to soften.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Pour in the wine and stock; bring to a boil, then cover, and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, reserving the cooking juices. Keep warm.
- Bring the juice to a boil, and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Blend the remaining butter with the flour to form a paste. Reduce heat so that the pan juices are just simmering and add the paste to the skillet, a little at a time, stirring until the sauce has thickened.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Pour the sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.