German Mushroom SoupFrom upstatevoyager 5 years ago
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ketchup shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until lightly browned.
- Add onion and saute until softened.
- Mix in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Add salt, thyme and ketchup.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in chicken stock or broth.
- Return to heat and cook until soup gently boils.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in half and half and heat until soup steams.
- Beat together egg and lemon juice. Stir a small amount of hot soup into egg mixture and return all to saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, until hot but not boiling.
- Season with additional salt to taste.