Chinese Chicken SaladFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 1 English (hothouse) cucumber shopping list
- 2 Tbl. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Tbl. Asian sesame oil shopping list
- 2 Tbl. reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 C cider vinegar or unseasoned rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbl. peeled and grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/3 C thinly sliced green onions, including tender green tops shopping list
- 1/3 C chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 C diced, cooked chicken breast meat shopping list
- 3/4 pound dried spaghetti or linguine shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot three-fourths full of water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, peel the cucumber, halve it lengthwise and scrape out any seeds. Cut crosswise into slices 1/4-inch thick and place in a large bowl.
- Add vegetable oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, sugar, pepper flakes, garlic, green onions and cilantro and stir to blend.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat evenly with the dressing.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water, stir well and cook until tender but firm to the bite, about 10 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then drain again.
- Add the pasta to the chicken mixture and toss to combine and coat with the dressing.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or serve on individual plates.
- Refrigerate within 30 minutes if not serving right away. If refrigerated, bring to room temperature before serving.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!