Chocolate Mousse CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for two 9-inch layers.
- Cool and remove from pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate. Gradually stir in the water, then instant pudding until smooth. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the refrigerator, and stir to loosen. Fold in whipped cream and return to the refrigerator for at least another hour.
- Place one layer of cake onto a serving plate. Top with 1 1/2 cups of the mousse, then cover with the remaining cake layer. Frost with the remaining mousse, and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with fresh fruit or chocolate shavings.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating3 people
Oh henrie henrie what are you doing to me,LOL yes i AM going to make this you have me going again.Seriously though this is a fantastic recipe and iw ill be making it this weekend.
Caracaramia in loved it
cool!iffyo in loved it
You got me with 'Chocolate'... love this!!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it