Pumpkin Doughnut MuffinsFrom debra47 8 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups canned unsweetened pumpkin or fresh pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Beat the sugar and the butter together in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in the pumpkin and the buttermilk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg into the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.
- The batter will be stiff.
- Grease muffin pans.
- Fill the muffins pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and tester comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins for a few minutes on a wire rack.
- For the topping, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- When the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush the tops with the melted butter and roll in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve warm.
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating6 people
I made these tonight. I only have one muffin pan, so I made 12 gianormous, yummy muffins!canzi in San Diego loved it
These were really yummy and they actually do have more a doughnut flavor/texture--I used sucanut substituted for 1/2 the amt. of white sugar and 1/2 amt wheat pastry flour substituted for white flour and they were great!primadonna24 in oceanside loved it