County Clare Irish Root SoupFrom vainwi 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 2 leeks (white part only), sliced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, halved, shopping list
- boiled and oven-roasted (see note) shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream plus whipped cream for garnish shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Pinch of white pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and butter in large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots, leeks, garlic and sweet potatoes. Sauté until leeks are translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add stock and cream. Cover and simmer until carrots and potatoes are very soft, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in blender. Return soup to same saucepan. Add salt, pepper and sugar. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Stir soup over medium heat until heated through. Ladle into bowls and top with whipped cream.
- NOTE: Boil potatoes about 10 minutes, then oven-roast by placing potatoes on cookie sheet in 350 degree F oven about 30 minutes, or until browned and tender.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookvainwi Milwaukee, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!