Chocolate TrufflesFrom ravenseyes 6 years ago
- 4 oz. good-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped small shopping list
- 4 oz. good-quality semisweet or milk chocolate, chopped small shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed shopping list
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules dissolved in 3 T. warm water (I prefer the espreso type) shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. liqueur of your choice (baileys, Frangelico any will be great) shopping list
- unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- toasted, finely chopped pecans or almonds shopping list
- Finely chopped sweetened coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Melt both chocolates, butter, and instant coffee mixture in a double boiler set over simmering water. Stir with a rubber spatula until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in the egg yolk (for smoother truffles) and liqueur (for added flavor). Pour chocolate mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet or a large plate. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least one hour.
- Scoop cold chocolate mixture into truffles using a #100 scoop, melon baller, or small teaspoons. dont roll them between your hands to make them smooth they are meant to be rough-looking. Place truffles directly into any of the coatings and roll them around until completely covered. This is easiest if you place the coatings in shallow plastic containers with lids. Then, after scooping 5 or 6 truffles, cover the container and shake it gently until the truffles are coated.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating3 people
Yum. Thank you for this post & Bookmarked & High Forked it.
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
Thanks GF for the great recipe, love them. :( But must wait till after Lent to make them, gave up sweets till Easter. You have my high 5 rating.henrie in Savannah loved it
I loved them..thanks for a great one.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!