Valentines Day CookiesFrom sublimex420 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry filling and topping shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Put butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add flour and pecans; mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Press balls evenly into the bottom and up the sides of 1-3/4- x 1-inch miniature muffin cups.
- Combine cherry filling and almond extract.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon cherry mixture into each pastry-lined cup.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.