Chocolate Layer CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Clabber Girl cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tsp. Clabber Girl baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.; grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil, vanilla and water. Add to dry ingredients and mix for 2 minutes at medium speed, stopping once or twice to scrape the bowl.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared baking pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans for 15 minutes, then turn out and cool completely on a rack.