Irish Bacon And CabbageFrom mrscreavo 6 years ago
How to make it
- Remove slab bacon from plastic bag.
- Cover with cold water. (you can slice the bacon before you put into the water, I find this easier for serving.
- Bring to boil and drain.
- Cover with fresh cold water. Bring to boil and then simmer for 25 minutes per 1lb plus 25 minutes over.
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage. Cut in half, add to the saucepan and simmer for the last 20 minutes.
- Remove bacon to chopping board and carve into thin slices(if you have not done so already). Drain cabbage, season with salt & pepper, chop and add a knob of butter.
- Serve the bacon with the cabbage and boiled potatoes as well as your choice of sauce, Parsley or bread sauce is really nice! :)
The Cookmrscreavo Galway, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!