Surprise Cheese MuffinsFrom divaliscious 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal (not the flour but the cereal grain kind - it is next to the oatmeal in your bakery isle at the store) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheese (try cheddar and parmesan or other interesting combinations such as brie and gouda) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon green pepper minced shopping list
- 1 extra large/ jumbo egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (shortening) - but make sure its melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated onion shopping list
- additional shortening to grease your muffin pans shopping list
- **Equipment Needed: shopping list
- greased muffin pans, one preheated oven at 400 degrees with rack in the middle, sieve, 2 bowls and wooden spoon, hungry people who just happen to simply adore your homemade "surprise cheese muffins from scratch!" shopping list
How to make it
- Another from scratch recipe from me. By this time, you know you need to sift the flour, measure then sift again with the added dry ingredients. OK here we go....
- Success of all homemade muffins require that you do not over mix or beat the heck out of your muffin mixture. In fact, you almost want to under mix the ingredients - and do this by hand - do not use a mix master or hand-held mixture- it's ok if it looks lumpy - my thighs are a little lumpy - but do you care? - OK, Don't answer that! Well heck, your guests won't know that your muffin mixture was a little lumpy - but they will truly love you and your fantastic muffins!
- Measure out all your ingredients and have ready. And preheat that oven of yours for 400 degrees making sure the rack is in the middle.
- Grease up your muffin pan, tell that muffin pan that it is about to make the most delicious muffins it ever has! - Good, can you see your muffin pan smiling now? - wow you greased it up good - and don't forget to grease the top part of the muffin pan (in case the muffin tops slightly stretch out over the muffin mold area of your muffin pan while baking - this will will make it for easier removal)
- What did I have in my ice tea this morning!...I am writing so silly today - but you ARE laughing...aren't you?)
- Sift flour and measure. Add salt, baking powder, sugar and sift once more. Add corn meal, your shredded cheese and green pepper. Stir till well incorporated.
- In second bowl, combine egg, melted shortening - slightly cooled and onion. Mix till combined.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. (Remember - do not beat)
- Fill your greased up and smiling muffin pan 2/3's full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Best served warm. Enjoy!