Machaca BeefFrom mrs_stiltner 7 years ago
- 3 lb. chuck roast shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion (chopped) shopping list
- 1 large green chili pepper (I use Anaheim) (chopped) shopping list
- 2 serrano peppers (chopped) shopping list
- 2 Jalepeno peppers (chopped) shopping list
- (altogether, peppers should equal about 1 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 (5oz) bottle hot pepper sauce (preferably Tapatio brand) shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Season meat with salt and pepper, on all sides.
- Brown all sides of the meat in skillet with olive oil.
- Place meat in Crockpot.
- Cover [evenly] top side of meat with chopped peppers, onion, seasoning and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour [evenly] water over top all ingredients.
- Cook on low for approximately 6-8 hours.
- Remove the meat from the Crockpot, and shred it, using two forks - remove any fat and discard.
- Return the shredded meat to the Crockpot.
- Mix in additional cumin and paprika.
- Cook on low for one additional hour.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookmrs_stiltner Leesburg, VA
The Rating4 people
love this! thanks!cheryilyn in Salem loved it
This is what we get for breakfast every Sunday at the veggie market in a soft tortilla. Danny won't let me see what the cooking area looks like (ha,ha).gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Yum!choclytcandy in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!