Shrimp Louis SaladFrom annieamie 6 years ago
- 2 pounds of cleaned shrimp (shelled and deveined), chilled shopping list
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 chili sauce (I use Heinz brand) shopping list
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped finely shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup of whipped heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup depending on your taste shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, quartered shopping list
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, scallions, chilis sauce and cayenne pepper. Add parsley and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Add the whipped cream and fold in gently.
- Arrange a bed of lettuce on four separate salad plates.
- Place the shrimp over the lettuce and spoon on the dressing.
- Garnish with the tomato, lemon wedges, and the sliced eggs.
- *Thanks to Rosine's for the photo!
- **For POTLUCK dinners-fill a large tray with lettuce and add three to four pounds of small shrimp or use the imitation crab. Triple the recipe for the Louie dressing and serve. (I can get 2, 9x13 pans filled with the salad using 3 pounds of seafood and tripling the dressing recipe.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating2 people
I'm agreeing with Krumkake here. I used to have these when I was a little one but had to share it with my mom. I love this kind of salad. We just might make this tonight as I have shrimp in the fridge!!! Love this one, Annie! Its a fiver for sure!cinnamon in Beverly Hills loved it
I remember watching my grandfather eat this when I was a little girl and was lucky enough to go out with the adults for a "fancy dinner" - I thought he must be NUTS to eat such food...how little I knew about good tasting food back then! This is a gr...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
I Like Food83 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Back To Basics346 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Appetizers And Dips268 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Pot Luck Entertaining102 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members