Goo-goo CakeFrom recipediva 6 years ago
- chocolate cake shopping list
- ½ cup water – boiling shopping list
- ½ cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 2/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 1½ cup sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¾ cup butter milk shopping list
- chocolate Truffle Mousse shopping list
- 2 pounds smi-sweet chocolate shopping list
- ½ pound butter shopping list
- 4 ounces egg white shopping list
- 1 pound egg yolk shopping list
- 1/3 pound sugar shopping list
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream shopping list
- cakey Brownies shopping list
- 12 ounces butter shopping list
- 4¼ ounces cake flour shopping list
- 3 ounces cocoa powder shopping list
- ½ ounce baking powder shopping list
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 1/3 pounds sugar shopping list
- 7 ounces egg yolk shopping list
- 14 ounces egg white shopping list
- Ganache shopping list
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate shopping list
- 8 ounces heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- For The Cake
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa and boiling water and allow to cool.
- Cream the shotening.add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. add the eggs and the vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Blend the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and the butter milk to the shortening/sugar mixture.
- Gently blend the cooled cocoa mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
- For The Mousse
- Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Whip the eggs and the sugar until light.
- Whip the cream to a soft peak.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs.
- Fold in the cream.
- For The Ganache
- Heat the cream to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate.
- Stir until smooth.
- For The Brownie
- Melt The Butter.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. stir until melted.
- Add the sugar and stir until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the egg yolks.
- Pour into mixing bowl and add dry ingredients.
- Whip the egg whites and add the remaining sugar. fold into the chocolate mix.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Goo-Goo Cake Assembly
- When assembling the cake, it’s best to use a springform pan. place a layer of chocolate cake in the bottom of the pan, and then top with a layer of chocolate mousse. repeat this procedure three times, so you have three layers of cake and three layers of chocolate mousse. On top of the top layer of mousse place a layer of brownie, which will actually sit above the rim of the pan.
- After completing the layering, wrap the entire cake good and tight in plastic wrap and place in the freezer until completely frozen. (times will vary depending on freezer)
- Once frozen, pull out and unwrap, then cover with a thin layer of ganache, making certain that the surfaces are smooth as possible with good coverage.
- Warm the remaing ganache (do not exceed 100 degrees- too hot and it won’t stick). pour ganache thoroughly over top and sides of cake coating well.
- Place back in freezer to set up for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mark slices (typically 10 to 12) and garnish each with a ganache rosette.
- Garnish a 2-inch border around the bottom with chocolate sprinkles or shavings.
- Cut goo-goo cluster candies in half and place as an additional garnish to each marked slice, using ganache rosette to hold it in place.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating6 people
Wow... this is so red.... Different recipe! Thanks.berry in Riverside loved it
OMG!!!! That looks devine.......zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
:) Welcome back...What a proffetional one Teri..Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it