Malted BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
How to make it
- Blend yeast into water and let stand 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix flours and salt.
- Stir in yeast slurry.
- Warm the malt syrup, molasses and margarine until just melted.
- Stir the warm (not hot!) mixture into the flour/yeast blend. It should form a soft, sticky dough (add more water if needed).
- Knead on floured board for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide into two, and put into two prepared loaf pans.
- Leave to rise until the dough fills the pans completely (this may take quite a while, up to 90 minutes).
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes at 400F, turn out of pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
This is a must try! I'm so impressed with all your recipes and haven't been able to help but notice that your posts are always late in the evening or wee hours. No doubt due to your busy days and time spent in your kitchen! Take care!livewell in Randleman loved it
Wonderful recipe. I have a similar bread recipe and I have substituted whole wheat flour in a pinch. And the malt and molasses gives it a deep flavor. I use butter. No trans fats. You're right, this makes a good dipping bread and a fantastic heavy to...morecooper in Plano loved it
Yum,I love a good piece of bread with soup. Thanks for sharing.marriage in Apalachin loved it