Shrimp and Black Bean Taco SaladFrom elle 6 years ago
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced shopping list
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbs finely diced red bell peppers shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sugar shopping list
- 3 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into 1/4 inch strips shopping list
- 1 (8 ounces) package ready to eat salad greens shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 cups finely shredded colby jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Remove shrimp tails.
- Place shrimp in a small bowl, and sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning, set aside.
- In another bowl, make the dressing--combine 1/2 cup
- oil, onion, vinegar, red pepper, garlic, coriander and sugar, set aside.
- In a skillet, fry tortilla strips in remaining oil, drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning.
- In same skillet, saute shrimp for a few minutes or until pink. Be careful not to overcook!
- In a large bowl, mix greens, tomato, beans, shrimp, and tortilla strips.
- Drizzle dressing all over the mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese and toss.
The Cookelle NH
The Rating4 people
I know I will love this salad, thank you!trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
ADDED CLINTRO FRESH COULD EAT THIS EVERTDAY LOLkathsart2u in Olalla loved it
I made this dish this evening. We substituted canned tomatoes for fresh (we cannot get good tomatoes until later in the season) and jarred garlic for the cloves. Also, my absentmindedness was responsible for leaving off the cheese that was sitting ...morebatona in Millville loved it