Crock Pot Roast for DummiesFrom barngoddess 8 years ago
- 1 two to three lb. beef chuck roast (use your crock pot to determine size) shopping list
- 1 medium onion quartered shopping list
- 1 small bag of peeled baby carrots shopping list
- 4 medium peeled potatoes (sliced in halves) lengthwise shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 beef boullion cube shopping list
- 1 stalk celery cut in pieces shopping list
- 1 package of onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 can Coca cola (I use Coke) shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Salt and pepper roast and braise it in a skillet until brownish all around.
- Place roast in crock pot when browned.
- Place the remaining vegetables in crock pot.
- Put in package of onion soup mix in and pour can of Coke on top.
- Put in enough water to cover everything.
- Put in bullion cube and cook.
- Cook in crockpot on high for at least 4 hours or lower your temperature and cook all day. It is awesome, easy and it's a complete meal. The Coke tenderizes the meat and it will fall apart!!!
The Cookbarngoddess Quinlan, TX
The Rating4 people
I'm not very acclimated in the kitchen but I decided to try and make this for my weekend company. It turned out wonderful! I used a small bag of russet potatoes instead of the four med. potatoes in the recipe. Thank you so much for sharing this:)janelegant in Twinsburg loved it
Great roast and finally got to try the coke method!! More in the IMI ----- Crock Pot Roast For Dummiesmommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!