Crock Pot Roast for DummiesFrom barngoddess 8 years ago
- 1 two to three lb. beef chuck roast (use your crock pot to determine size) shopping list
- 1 medium onion quartered shopping list
- 1 small bag of peeled baby carrots shopping list
- 4 medium peeled potatoes (sliced in halves) lengthwise shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 beef boullion cube shopping list
- 1 stalk celery cut in pieces shopping list
- 1 package of onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 can Coca cola (I use Coke) shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Salt and pepper roast and braise it in a skillet until brownish all around.
- Place roast in crock pot when browned.
- Place the remaining vegetables in crock pot.
- Put in package of onion soup mix in and pour can of Coke on top.
- Put in enough water to cover everything.
- Put in bullion cube and cook.
- Cook in crockpot on high for at least 4 hours or lower your temperature and cook all day. It is awesome, easy and it's a complete meal. The Coke tenderizes the meat and it will fall apart!!!
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookbarngoddess Quinlan, TX
The Rating4 people
I'm not very acclimated in the kitchen but I decided to try and make this for my weekend company. It turned out wonderful! I used a small bag of russet potatoes instead of the four med. potatoes in the recipe. Thank you so much for sharing this:)janelegant in Twinsburg loved it
Great roast and finally got to try the coke method!! More in the IMI ----- Crock Pot Roast For Dummiesmommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!