Roasted Poblano Pepper Sweet Potato And Corn SoupFrom cheflala 9 years ago
- 10 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 poblano peppers shopping list
- 4 cup sweet potato (white ones), peeled and medium diced shopping list
- water shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup sweet corn, canned or frozen shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Place the garlic on a piece of aluminum paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place foil with garlic on a baking sheet and transfer into oven for 40 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Mince the garlic and set aside.
- Place the poblano chiles over a high flame. This should be done quickly, be careful not to overcook the chilies.
- When roasted, place the chiles in a plastic bag for 10 minutes.
- The sweat effect allows for easier skin removal.
- After peeling the chile, rinse.
- Remove the seeds and top and slice chiles into thin slices.
- Set aside.
- In a medium soup pot, cook diced sweet potato in water for 10-15 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- Drain and discard water.
- Return potatoes to pot.
- Add chicken broth, sweet corn, butter, chiles and garlic and simmer for 10 minutes.
- serve hot.
The Cookcheflala Los Angeles, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!