Almond Chicken QuicheFrom dandelion 8 years ago
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 ½ c Half and Half shopping list
- 6 oz small diced cooked chicken shopping list
- 4 oz gruyere cheese, shredded shopping list
- 4 oz thinly sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 oz toasted blanched almonds shopping list
- 1-2 T finely sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 T unsalted butter shopping list
- ½ t salt shopping list
- ¼ t white pepper shopping list
- Fresh ground nutmeg to taste shopping list
- 1 deep dish 9 inch pie shell ~ 6 cups shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Blind bake docked pie shell for 10 minutes, remove weights and cook for 3 minutes more or until you have a lightly browned crust. Remove from oven and cool a couple of minutes.
- Sauté the mushrooms and green onions in butter until wilted and water has evaporated.
- Place the mushroom mixture on the bottom of the baked pie shell.
- Add the diced chicken to the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half do not foam the mixture.
- Add seasonings and cheeses mix well.
- Pour custard into the pie shell.
- Top with toasted almonds.
- Bake for 10 minutes then turn heat down to 350*F for 30 – 40 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and the filling is fully set.
- Allow 10 minutes cooling before cutting, serve warm or at room temperature.