Ginger Cream Chicken SaladFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat torn in chunks, about 2 1/2 cups in all. (Grandma would poach a chicken for her salads, I'm just going to buy one to save time) shopping list
- 1 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp of pepper shopping list
- 3 tbsp of chopped candied ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp of honey shopping list
- 1 cup of commercial sour cream shopping list
- I love how old recipes call for commercial sour cream, as if we are expected to know how to make our own sour cream these days. shopping list
- Garnishes, ripe bananas, sliced canned pineapple, chopped cashews, bed of tender lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken, celery, salt and pepper in a bowl. Chill fo two hours. Just before serving combine ginger, honey and sour cream. Stir half the dresssing into the chicken mixture.
- Serve in a scoop on lettuce leaves,
- Arrange sliced bananas around the scoop, top with a pineapple slice, sprinkle very generously with chopped toasted cashews.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing as desired.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating6 people
Sounds very good! Saving this.kimmer in Dunedin loved it
This DOES sound like a nice pleasant way to serve a chicken salad, I like the addition of the ginger & cream with the fruits... Great post, thank you, Notyo :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Yeah, I like this. Thank you Notcho.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!