Contessa Chicken SaladFrom girlieerin 7 years ago
- Contessa chicken Salad (Originally published by Ina Garten) shopping list
- 2 split (1 whole) chicken breasts, bone in, skin on (1 1/2 pounds) (Note: I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. It’s all good!) shopping list
- Good olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan halves shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts halves shopping list
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise (Note: I used light mayo) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream (Note: I used light sour cream) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves, divided shopping list
- 1 cup green grapes, cut in 1/2 shopping list
- lettuce leaves, for serving (Note: I gave in to temptation and bought some really good bakery made white bread. Mmm…white bread.) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.Place the chicken breasts, skin side up, on a baking sheet and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside until cool.
- When the chicken is cool, remove meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones. Cut the chicken into a 3/4-inch dice.
- Meanwhile, place the pecans and walnuts on a separate sheet pan and toast in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- For the dressing, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Fold in half the chopped tarragon leaves.
- Place the diced chicken in a bowl, add the pecans, walnuts and grapes. Pour the dressing over the chicken and toss well. Sprinkle the remaining chopped tarragon leaves on top, and serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
The Cookgirlieerin Cambridge, MA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!