Chocolate Raspberry CakeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 6 Tbsps unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 Tbsps all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup regular cocoa powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fine salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature shopping list
- Raspberry Mousse shopping list
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, plus extra for garnish shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin powder shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- For cake, preheat oven to 350 °F and grease and line a 9-inch spring
- form pan with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla and add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift all flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add alternately with butter milk, starting and ending with flour mixture, and blending gently but well after each addition.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, tap to pop any hidden air
- bubbles and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester inserted in the
- center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then remove from pan to cool completely. Wash, grease and a re-line pan with parchment paper. Once cake is cooled, return to pan.
- For mousse, puree raspberries and strain – puree should measure to 2/3 cup (reserve any extra and sweeten lightly, for a coulis to serve with cake). Pour cold water over gelatin and stir. Whisk eggs, sugar and lemon juice over a pot of simmering water, until fluffy and warm. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin, whisking until melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream to medium peak and fold in egg mixture, gently but quickly and raspberry puree. Pour over cake in springform pan and chill for at least 4 hours. To serve, remove ring from pan and gently pull away parchment paper from side of cake. Top with a few fresh berries and serve.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating3 people
Now we're cooking with gas!
My 2 favorite ingredients, CHOCOLATE and RASPBERRIES. Thanks for posting this one.foodfight in Atlanta loved it
Looks like we are following you around! lol
love this one also!! yummmmm got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Nothing better than raspberries and chocolate. Can't wait to make it. Yummo!!ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it