Summer Spring RollsFrom ddougee 5 years ago
- 2 ounces dried cellophane noodles shopping list
- 16 large shrimp (3/4 pound), shelled and deveined shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion (optional) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil shopping list
- Eight 8 1/2-inch rice paper wrappers shopping list
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, torn shopping list
- 32 small mint leaves shopping list
- 32 small cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, cover the cellophane noodles with hot water and let stand until soft, 30 minutes. Drain and cover with a damp paper towel until ready to use.
- Light a grill. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and grill over moderately high heat until they're just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Let cool, then cut each shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the rice vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and scallion, and sesame oil.
- Soak 1 wrapper in hot water until pliable.
- Lay the wrapper on a cutting board and blot dry. Arrange 2 pieces of romaine on the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Top with some of the cellophane noodles, shrimp, mint, cilantro and carrot. Roll up the wrapper, tucking in the ends as you roll.
- Cover with a damp paper towel. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and fillings.
- Cut each roll in half and serve with the dipping sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 29
The Cookddougee Chester, MD
The Rating6 people
Okay you get a five-fork rating from me on this one. I have made these (or something very similar) and eaten them at about every local place that makes them - ha! - and they are one of my favorite foods. I am saving your specific recipe to try the ...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
I love spring rolls and love all of the ingredients in this recipe. Got my 5.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Sounds excellent! Thank you for sharing your recipe! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!