Chicken AdoboFrom campcookie 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cut chicken into small pieces, remove skin if you want less fat.
- Cut the onion into large 1 inch chunks.
- Finely chop the garlic
- In a large dutch oven over medium high heat, add the canola oil and the chicken pieces. Brown the chicken on all sides.
- Once the chicken is browned, add the water, bay leaves, soy sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Spread the onion and garlic evenly on top of the chicken and cover. Reduce the heat to medium low and let cook for 20 minutes stirring every 7 minutes or so.
- Once the chicken is tender add the vinegar and gently stir. Let cook for an additional 5 minutes and serve with steamed rice and your favorite salad.
- tip: If you like the broth thicker, add some water with cornstarch.