Pork Chops FiestaFrom wolfpackjack 9 years ago
- 2 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins or currants (I used the golden raisins) shopping list
- 1/4 cup ap flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 4 one inch thick pork chops shopping list
- 1 Tbsp shortening (I used light olive oil) shopping list
- 4 orange slices shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and allspice in a small saucepan, add water and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in juice and raisins, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat shortening or light oil over medium high heat. Dredge chops in flour mixture, then brown chops quickly on both sides .
- Pour mixture over chops, cover, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until chops are tender.
- Top with orange slices.