Broccoli PolonaiseFrom wolfpackjack 7 years ago
- 1 (1-1/2 lb) bunch broccoli shopping list
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs (I used Progresso Italian) shopping list
- 1 hard cooked egg, sieved (sliced thin) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 (optional) cloves garlic fine chopped or minced shopping list
How to make it
- Trim broccoli, remove large leaves and tough ends of lower stalks
- Wash broccoli thoroughly and separate into spears.
- Arrange broccoli in steaming rack with stalks to the center; place over boiling water, cover, and steam 5 to 15 minutes (depends on how well "done" you like them.... Note: check out Alton Brown broccoli episode ... he has a neat way to steam.)
- Arrange broccoli spears in serving dish; keep warm.
- Saute shallots in butter (add garlic here and saute if desired); add bread crumbs, stirring well.
- Spoon mixture over broccoli, sprinkle with egg and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating4 people
Sounds easy and delicious.........another keeper, thanks Dave!dtour in Somewhere In Florida loved it
This is a great dish and I love it. Another great offering, Dave...you've been a very busy boy in my absence. Great job!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!