Chicken with Olives and Feta CheeseFrom hottamale 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs with skin and bones shopping list
- 1T. olive oil shopping list
- 1c. chopped onion shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 -14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 3/4 c. kalamata olives, pitted, sliced shopping list
- 1/2c. dry red wine shopping list
- 1 & 1/2T. chopped fresh oregano (or 2t. dried) shopping list
- 2/3c. crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in lrg. skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and saute until brown, about 4 min. per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- Pour off all but 2T. drippings from skillet.
- Add onion to drippings in skillet & saute over medium heat 3 min.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with juices, olives, wine and oregano.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to platter.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.