Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab CakesFrom ddougee 6 years ago
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste shopping list
- Few drops of lemon juice (no more than about 1/4 teaspoon) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat -- drained of all excess liquid shopping list
- Non-stick cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, Tabasco, lemon juice, Old Bay, salt and pepper. Mix so that all the ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Add the cracker crumbs and parsley and mix well.
- Gently fold in crabmeat until just combined (try not to break up lumps of crabmeat).
- Using wet hands, shape mixture into 6 patties---8 patties if you like them smaller (do not pack too firmly; cakes should be as loose as possible and still hold their shape).
- Put the crab cakes on a large platter or cookie sheet as they're shaped. Cover with foil and refrigerate at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Set oven on Broil ( around 450 ) and place crab cakes a non stick sprayed cookie sheet. Put crab cakes in oven on medium height rack.
- After 3 minutes of initial cooking time open oven to turn crab cakes over
- using a spatula and your hands. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon and tartar sauce.
The Cookddougee Chester, MD
The Rating6 people
These are so great and loaded with crab. One of my favorite crab cake recipes ever. Great post!lunasea in Orlando loved it
This sounds like a winner. Very traditional in the sense that you don't have too many ingrediants which could overpower the flavor of the crab. I'm from Baltimore so I grew up eating crabs. I still love them, no matter what the going price is.vino4dino in Baltimore loved it
I made these crab cakes yesterday and I must say that this willl be my "default" crab cake recipe. You know, when I want the real deal without trying to be creative. Thanks. They are absolutely delicious!!!vino4dino in Baltimore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!