Beef vegetable And Wild Mushroom SoupFrom hoosiermom68 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 3/4- to 1-pound cross-cut meaty beef shank bone shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery shopping list
- 5 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 large carrot, peeled, diced shopping list
- 1 large parsnip, peeled, diced shopping list
- 2 1/2-ounce packages dried porcini mushrooms shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add shank bone and meat cubes to pot.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until meat is brown and juices are reduced to glaze, turning shank bone occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme and bay leaves to pot; stir 1 minute. Add onions and celery; stir 3 minutes.
- Add beef broth, tomatoes with juice, carrot, parsnip, and mushrooms.
- Bring soup to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until beef is tender, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Discard shank bone and bay leaves.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Sprinkle soup with remaining 1/2 tablespoon thyme and serve.