Black Bean HummusFrom deedeec 6 years ago
- 1 can Chick peas, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup water (1/4+1/4) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, optional shopping list
- 1/4 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup tahini shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 cup cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- In a powerful blender or food processor, add chick peas, black beans, lime juice, tahini, minced garlic, cumin, and about 1/4 cup of the water. Pulse several times and scrape down sides, repeat to blend ingredients until smooth. If it gets to thick add more of the water and or additional lime juice. You can also use about 1/4 cup of olive oil to "loosen" the thickness a bit. I prefer it without to reduce fat.
- Add cilantro and pulse til just mixed. Should see bits of cilantro throughout the mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight for optimum flavor melding.
- Serve with pita triangles, crackers, corn chips, cut vegis.
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating4 people
This looks awesome! I am a big hummus fan and have never tred a black bean variety. I am going to make this tonite!fredcadena in Chicago loved it
Just made it. While I am sure it will only get better overnight it is simply amazing out of the blender.fredcadena in Chicago loved it
Sounds good. Love Hummus and black beans.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!