Best Blondies with Chocolate MorselsFrom divaliscious 9 years ago
- 5 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Crisco shopping list
- 1 cup light brown packed sugar shopping list
- 2 extra large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour (yes I know, off and odd amount, but it works! - the extra 2 tablespoons help offset the extra shortening used along with the fat in the chocolate morsels.) shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels shopping list
- ***Optional additional ingredients to add: shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or nuts of your choice (try salted peanuts - oh yum!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup or more of shredded sweet coconut shopping list
- ***Equipment needed: 8x8x2 greased baking pan, one working oven at 350 degrees, people who are needing their best blondies but bad. shopping list
How to make it
- In mixer, cream butter, then add brown sugar and mix till light and creamed.
- Add eggs and beat well till light and fluffy - 1 minute.
- Add Vanilla extract, mix briefly once more.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Start mixer slowly at first, then mix till well combined.
- Stop mixer and either by hand or slowly with mixer add your preferred additional ingredient chasers (I used just the chocolate morsels today as photo shows)
- Pour and spread batter into greased 8x8 pan and bake on middle rack for 25-30 minutes.
- Lick bowl and drool, set timer for 25 minutes.
- Let blondies cool, then cut into 9 pieces (or less if you dare - lol) and serve 'em up.
- Dust with a little confectioner's sugar if you would like for extra decadence at parties. These truly are a fave recipe of our family and we make at least 4 batches just for the holidays and mail them out to our troops!