Roasted Eggplant DipFrom tinam 10 years ago
- 1 large eggplant shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- olive oil cooking spray shopping list
- 1 lb pkt lavash bread shopping list
- 2 tblsp walnuts shopping list
- 2 tsp mint, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp oregano, chopped shopping list
- /2 cup natural yogurt shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- olive oil and paprika to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Place eggplant and garlic into pan. Spray with oil. Roast for 35 minutes or until eggplant is soft. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, reduce oven temperature to 180C/350F. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Cut lavash into small squares. Spray with oil. Place onto trays. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Cut eggplant in half. Use a spoon to scoop out flesh. Place flesh into a food processor. Discard skin. Squeeze flesh from garlic. Add to food processor with walnuts, mint and oregano. Process until well combined.
- Transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl. Fold through yogurt and lemon juice. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with lavash.