Almond ChoCoconut BarsFrom juliagulia 8 years ago
- 1 box of Devil's food cake cake mix shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- ---- shopping list
- bag of sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 can of condensed milk shopping list
- 20 big marshmallows shopping list
- ---- shopping list
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare as indicated on the box but add the almond extract at the same time you add the eggs. Pour into prepared jelly-roll pan.* Bake at 350F for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cake clean. Cool. Keep the oven on.
- Put the condensed milk into a small medium sized saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat. Stir often so that the bottom of the pan doesn't burn and turn the milk into caramel. Add the marshmallows and continue mixing until the marshmallows are completely melted. Add the coconut and mix well. Spoon the coconut mixture over the cooked the cake and put it back in the oven for 8 minutes. Cool. (Turn off oven) .
- In small bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave for a minute at a time and mix well. Continue until completely melted. Drizzle over bars. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- * If you want to make a taller, layered dessert, try making this in a 9x13 pan. Bake half the cake batter and cool. Then layer it with the coconut mixture, add a few chocolate chips and nuts, and then top it with more cake batter. Bake again for 10-15 minutes or until the cake is cooked thoroughly. Then top the cake with the nuts and drizzled chocolate.
People Who Like This Dish 22
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- iggy Cincinnati, OH
- LilMissMtlhead Nowhere, Us
- rasputendebarry West Los Angeles, CA
- annieamie Los Angeles, US
- mizchella Champaign, IL
- stephwithseven Seattle, WA
- sunshine79_83 Centerville, SD
- christinem Worcester, MA
- hannabanana4511 The Woodlands, TX
- Plus 12 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookjuliagulia Seattle, WA
The Rating2 people
Wow these do look great. Thanks for the recipe.rasputendebarry in West Los Angeles loved it
What a great recipe! As much as I am dying to try the recipe in the 13x9 pan, I'm going to make this the way you instructed, in the jelly roll pan. I have a ton of coconut and almonds in my home and just need to make something with them! Your recipe ...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!